Grossing over $2 billion at the box office, the Harry Potter series is one of the most beloved and iconic film franchises of all-time! The films introduced an entirely new audience to J.K. Rowling’s beloved series of books and beautifully expanded the Wizarding World. Understandably, however, the movies left a number of fan-favourite moments and characters on the cutting room floor.
While a film adaptation that includes every moment from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is completely impracticable, there are certainly some moments and characters that we wish had made it into the Harry Potter movies! For our latest post on The Blog That Must Not Be Named, we’ve decided to rank ten scenes, and characters from the books that failed to make it into the movies.
Check out the list below:
10. When Harry uses the Elder Wand to repair his original wand and places the Elder Wand back in Dumbledore’s grave.
9. The portable swamp that the Weasley Twins left to torment Umbridge after abandoning their studies at Hogwarts!
8. The time Dumbledore sent Petunia a Howler to remind her that Harry must stay at 4 Privet Drive in order to remain protected by Lily’s bloodline.
7. Further explanation of Tom Riddle’s family and the reveal that Voldemort cannot love because he was conceived from a loveless union.
6. Ron remembers to save the house-elves during the Battle of Hogwarts and is rewarded with a kiss from Hermione!
5. A better explanation of the prophecy and the reveal that Neville could have been the Chosen One.
4. Snape’s potion puzzle challenge in Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone!
3. Percy’s heartbreaking feud with the Weasley family and his eventual return to the light!
2. Harry, Ron and Hermione attend Nearly Headless Nick’s Death Day Party!
1. Peeves The Poltergeist Wondering the halls of Hogwarts and tormenting students!
Obviously, it would have been impossible to fit every tiny moment from the books into the movies, but we think the film adaptation would have been even more magical with some of these scenes, storylines and characters!
Is there a certain scene or character from the Harry Potter books that you wish had made it into the movies? Make sure you let us know in the comments section below! Also, if you enjoyed this post, please enter your email and subscribe to The Blog That Must Not Be Named. I have huge plans for this blog and I wouldn’t want a fellow Wizarding World nerd to miss out!
4 thoughts on “Harry Potter: 10 Things From The Books That Should Have Been In The Movies”
the Gould in the bedroom that was supposed to be Ron.
What about “Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.”?
I think they should of put more of the quidditch World Cup in the movie. It was described so well in the book.